Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rolling over???

As all of my friends with kids can atest, I have no earthly idea on milestones for babies. I just get amazed when Maddy hits one, like smiling, cooing or sleeping through the night (she's still at it!). I had to laugh today because we were doing tummy time (well, Maddy was, I was sitting crosslegged), and she lifted one of her legs up and her butt up and was well on her way to rolling over. She just doesn't know what to do with her arm which seems to stop her momentum. She was hollering and wailing and gnashing gums because she knew what she wanted to do (she hates tummy time, she wanted off her tummy), she just couldn't quite get it done.


When I flipped her over, and let her play with her gym she was still mad, and chatted very angrily at me for about five minutes, and then just cooed and played and was happy as happy could be. It just cracked me up, I told Jim, I think that's how I react to new things! It is pretty amazing to actually watch them learn. I'm thinking she's too young to be rolling over, I should look it up in one of the books, but if today was any indication, I think she'll be doing it soon!

Here's another recent picture that has nothing to do with rolling over, but is cute. Note, she DOES have legwarmers on. I LOVE baby legwarmers and Jim always feels it is necessary to make her dance to the Flashdance song when she's in them!

No comments: