Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to work

I'm writing this as we listen to freezing rain hit the window and Maddy still fighting the sleep (first time since she started sleeping through the night). It's like she thinks she's going to miss something, that or we still aren't feeding her enough (36 ozs a day!).

I went back to work this week and am so excited to go back to doing something I love so much, but realized today when I was trying to finish a few emails and projects after 6 p.m. how HARD it will really be to put the computer down, turn off work for a while and focus soley on her.

Of course it doesn't help that I want to finish my book club book, label all of her stuff for day care next week, cook (and eat) dinner, play on my new obsession Facebook, and watch Big Love (or the Bachelor, Survivor, American Idol or other mindless reality tv that takes the edge off). I always thought I was efficient but realize that I will need to focus even more and likely can't do everything (sigh, guess the tv shows will be the first to go). That and learn to live in relative choas. It was one thing when I had two hours every morning during her nap to organize the baby stuff ... now it's everywhere!

I'm certainly in for an interesting adjustment! AND, I don't have any photos to share. I've already heard from Poppy and Grandma Nana that I haven't sent nearly enough pics lately ... so I'll add taking more photos to the above list!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Holly,
Let me tell you when you work full-time it is impossible to get everything done, and make sure you are getting plenty of rest. You will learn to live with more mess and clutter, but it's hard.
Post some pics on the blog; Poppy and Nana are coming over on Friday so we can show them the blog.
Love you guys!