Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's a day late in blogtime, but it's been a very nice weekend! Work, again, was long this week and even though I love being back, it's still amazing to me how tired I am and how hard juggling can be. Jim had a long week in the field so it was just me and Maddy until Friday, and I think it's taken me 48 hours to feel back to my normal self!! We had a quiet dinner of speghetti and meatballs last night and watched The Little Mermaid with Madelyn. The shark scene seemed to scare her but she loved the singing. And Jim brought me roses which is about the sweetest thing ever and made the whole week wash away!

Today is our 6 year anniversary! At least the anniversary since we met. We are heading to an early dinner tonight while my mom and Aunt Jan play with Miss Maddy. Here's her so cute outfit she's wearing today:


I've been very bad about taking pictures and video even though Maddy changes and grows each day. I'm extraordinarily frustrated with my camera right now ... it's five years old and takes what seems like three seconds to take a picture. I miss some of the cutest looks and smiles from my little girl, and now the digital screen won't work. That picture took 10 pictures to get one with her smiling!!!


So we are going to get a new camera today. I'm sure I want the Sony SureShot camera. It automatically takes a photo when it detects a smile!!! I've seen it on three or four daytime shows (maternity leave was BAD for me to find new things I want) and it's pretty cool. I'm hoping the combination of having a camera I LIKE and a better week will lead to more blogging. I'll leave you with this ...
Maddy has started playing with lovies, and this one is the perfect size for her. She wouldn't let it go while sleeping the other day, and we couldn't risist this shot:

No comments: