Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crawling???

OK, so maybe it's a bit of a misleading headline. Madelyn is not yet crawling, but it's definitely going to be sooner rather than later. It's funny to me that a milestone used to be contained in one little area ..."Jim, do you think she can see her fish on her mat?" or "Look, I swear she moved an inch!"

Now, milestones take on a whole new meaning ... can I leave the room with Madelyn on her playmat or will she ooch her way over to the fireplace grate and knock it down? Can she sit nicely on my lap and work on sitting up or will she propel herself off my lap and bang her head? Can I hold her with my white work pants on, or will she spit up her peas? (BTW, the first two have not actually happened, but we've been close! Wish I could say the same about the peas.)

Our little cottage has never felt so small with an exosaucer, playmat, swing and bumbo in our living room (not to mention the adult furniture). The hazards to kids have never felt so prevelent .... cords, dog hair, dog slobber, sharp edges to furniture, hardwood floors! I guess it's time to babyproof, but we've been putting it off. Maybe this weekend??

Nah ... I think I'll wait!

No comments: